Thursday, September 8, 2011

Is a Costco Sealy Mattress Really a Deal?


matts and door 001photograph Costco
Costco Sells the Sealy Ivory Forest Mattress in King for $899.00
How can a loyal Costco buyer determine if this is the same specifications as one in a store on one purchased from Amazon?

Costco makes the display impossible to even see if the mattress is nine inches. After some study, I learned the mattress is supposed to have 14 coils inside; however there is no way to even touch the bed to check.

After I put it on a flat bed trolley, lug it home in my brother in law's pickup truck and set it up will I like the bed? I trust Costco's reliable return policies; but by the time I get help bringing it upstairs, the idea of bringing it back to the store and not getting it dirty in the process seems daunting.  Amazon sells one with box springs included for an additional $225.  including delivery to my home.

In comparing a local retailer, Sit 'N Sleep- they do not sell any Sealy beds in the $ 899. price range. They have Powder Sand and Rose Sorbet that are firm beds from $1249. -$1399. How in the world can a consumer compare apples to apples when custom names are attributed to same manufacturer?



For new firm mattress they appear unappealing-

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for such kinda informative post and your post looks very interesting for me.
    Swamp celts

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity..
    European Mattress by Natural Mattress Matters

    ReplyDelete